DFA Set New Rules In Getting Passport and here
To all who are interested in getting a passport, especially first-timers, we have made a guide for you on how to apply to get a passport.
Back then, you can apply for a passport anytime just by going to the nearest DFA or Department of Foreign Affairs with the required documents needed, but now before going to any of the nearest DFA you should secure first an online appointment, and you can’t proceed unless the appointment is confirmed.
Next is the personal appearance, the one who made the appointment should be the one present in the DFA. Securing an appointment does not guarantee you getting a passport. DFA staff will still verify your application through your submitted documents.
And these are the following documents you should present.
- Original copy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Authenticated Birth Certificate on Security Paper
- Married Females (who are using their spouse’s last name) must also submit an Original copy of PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract on Security Paper or Report of Marriage
- Local Civil Registrar Copy may be required if PSA Birth Certificate is not clear or cannot be read
And any of the following Valid IDs with one (1) Photocopy
- Social Security System (SSS) / Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Card
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certification from the Officer of Election with Dry Seal
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License
- Senior Citizen ID
- School ID (if applicable)
- Current Valid ePassport (For Renewal of ePassport)
- For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)
The Department may require additional supporting documents as may be necessary. You can contact them for more information.
DFA Home Office
All are advised to read the FAQs first for any concern.