Mon. Apr 12th, 2021
canada visa

How to Migrate to Canada under Federal Skilled Worker Program

A detailed guide on how a Filipino can migrate to Canada and how to get a permanent residence (PR) under Federal Skilled Program (FSWP)

If you want to be sure that money you will spend on a consultant will work in support of a potential Federal Skilled Worker Program application, do the steps below instead. It is cheaper to take IELTS and order an Educational Credential Assessment first than to pay a consultant first.

Check your eligibility for the FSWP

1. Check your eligibility: CLICK HERE
2. The passing points to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program 67
3. Language test conversion (IELTS->CLB, etc.): Averaging tool CLICK HERE
4. Proof of funds CLICK HERE

Minimum requirements:

a. Language test at least CLB 7 (IELTS 6 on each test).
b. Completion of Canadian high school diploma or equivalent (as shown in ECA report).
c. At least one-year full time paid work experience in an occupation with NOC first digit 0, or second digit 0, 1, 2 or 3. Find your NOC CLICK HERE

Take a language test (IELTS General or CELPIP General). Order an ECA from WES, IQAS or ICES

English proficiency exam price is around 10,000 Pesos. You should book and take exams from British Council, IDP or CELPIP.

Have your degree evaluated through WES CLICK HERE for INFO. Select WES Standard Application (CAD285 incl courier))

(Unscrupulous consultants who are running after their commissions usually stop here. But the next step is what’s needed to get an invitation to apply under FSWP.)

Use the CRS points calculator to determine your CRS score.

Compare it against previous invitation rounds. If you’re not willing to pay for a language test and/or an ECA right now, start with this step and assume CLB 7 (IELTS 6 in all tests), and an ECA of 3 years Canadian postsecondary equivalent if you have a 4-year degree.

Note: If you’re married or have a common-law partner but don’t want your partner to submit an ECA and language test scores, you can create your profile with partner un accompanying so your CRS score would be counted as if you were single/unmarried. Just sponsor your partner under Family Class later on.

Count your FSWP selection factor points. Passmark is 67

FSWP points grid (again): CLICK HERE

If you think you can meet or exceed an upcoming invitation round cutoff score, sign up with your selected consultancy, or create your own Express Entry profile.

Create an EE profile CLICK HERE

If FSWP is not for you, shop around for another PR program that Canada is offering, such as:

  1. Study Program
  2. Provincial Nominee Program
  3. Family Sponsorshop Program
  4. Caregiver
  5. Startup visa
  6. Self employed

Before signing up with an immigration rep, know how and why you’re eligible for a specific PR program and do your own research at first. Consultancies rarely offer refunds, and any transferable accounts are at your own effort. If the consultant or consultancy employee is vague about which program you’re eligible under, you might not be eligible at all, and they might only be after your money first. Also, keep in mind that marketing people cannot be taken for their word unless you see it in the agreement that both you and a responsible person in the consultancy sign. An immigration representative can assist you in perfecting your application for presentation to IRCC but does not have any influence on the decision of IRCC on your application. Finally, never sign up with an immigration representative if the agreement does not clearly state the name and contact info of the lawyer, paralegal or consultant.

NOTE: This is only a reference and not 100% accurate. Thus, you SHOULD do your own research.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.