Recently, the Philippines was disturbed by another news of an OFW, Constancia Dayag, who was allegedly slain by her employer in Kuwait. She was brought to Al Sabah Hospital but was declared dead on arrival.
The initial police report indicates that Dayag suffers injuries due to beating and sexual assault, which caused her death. A cucumber was also found inserted in Dayag’s body. Her employer, Bader Ibrahim Mohammad Hussain, was charged felony murder by Kuwaiti General Prosecutor’s Office, supported by the Philippine Embassy.
However, the employer will still remain innocent until proven guilty.
The remains of Dayag arrived in the Philippines last May 23.
Family asks help from President Duterte
On June 1, Dayag was laid to rest by her family. During the burial, Lovely Jane Dayag, daughter of Constancia, urged President Duterte to intervene with the case.
“We doubt the forensic report from Kuwait so we call on the Philippine government to speed up the filing of charges against the employer,” she said.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, attended the burial and assure the family they will receive justice in no time.
“The Philippine government will not allow the culprits to go scot-free. We will ensure that the family will get swift justice,” he said.
In addition, he said that he lessened the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait while they talk about how Dayag’s gruesome death affects Kuwait’s assurance of Filipinos safety in their country.
Last year, the death of Joanna Demafelis, an OFW in Kuwait whose body was found in a freezer has shaken the Philippine country – Reason for President Duterte to mandate a deployment ban of Filipino workers to Kuwait. It was only lifted when a deal was made between two countries to protect Filipino workers in the Gulf state.
Source: Inquirer News