A Filipina domestic helper reminded fellow OFWs to be extra cautious using a bowl cleaner.
She posted an image of the bowl cleaner product and on what appears to be the hand of someone who has used the product without any protective gloves which she said, resulted to this image.
What the usual toilet bowl cleaner?
Usually, these are synthetic solutions used in cleaning toilets. They usually release obnoxious fumes and may cause a severe headache.
Accidental ingestion or exposure through skin or eye could result in serious and permanent damage.
What is the first aid administered for Toilet bowl cleaner poisoning?
- Immediately call your local emergency hotline for emergency assistance
- Provide them with all information such as; the name of the compound, time of ingestion, affected area, etc.
- Move away from the area to well-ventilated place.
- Wash the exposed skin thoroughly with extensive flowing water for at least 15 minutes.
- DO NOT induce vomiting, unless instructed by a healthcare professional.
- Immediately give milk to the victim if the healthcare professional asked you to do so.
- Take the compound container to the administering healthcare facility ER